VOLUNTEER WITH FENIX GROUP
Volunteering with children and adults with developmental disabilities is a rewarding experience that changes people. By taking the time to teach life skills, help develop goals, support unique individuals, or keep the background details running, you’ll find yourself uplifted by the effects of your time and talents.
Supporting and working directly with clients is not the only way to volunteer. We welcome interested people to jump in anywhere that they have time and talent to share. Fenix Group needs:
- Chaperones for group field trips
- Special Olympics sponsorship
- Clerical aides to help with phones, database updates, periodic mailings, and other light office duties
- Reading Assistants to read mail, stories, or news to clients
- Newsletter editing and production
- Translator to provide occasional manuscript and verbal assistance for non-English speaking family members during assessment meetings
- Facility Maintenance & Repairs
- Transportation Fleet Care, including washing and minor maintenance
- Van Drivers for special events
- Project Leaders & Aides to lead staff and clients in special projects (art, cooking, games, etc.) and holiday events
- Pet Therapy
Volunteers are essential to the mission Fenix Group has to serve individuals with developmental disabilities. We believe everyone has something to offer, and everyone deserves the opportunity to find deeper meaning in life.
We Need Each Other
Please contact us today to find out how you can be a part of the Fenix Group family. We can talk about the benefits of volunteering, but we’d love for you to visit and see how our wonderful clients thrive with volunteer support. Join us – your life will never be the same!