Services provide a variety of interventions designed to maximize the functioning of persons with developmental disabilities. Services may include, but are not limited to: habilitative therapies, special developmental skills, behavior intervention and sensorimotor development. The goals of our habilitation services are:
- To enable the member to acquire knowledge and skills and be a valued member of his/her community based on his/her own choices.
- To provide training to increase or maintain the member’s self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills to live and participate with his/her family in the community.
- To assist the member in achieving and maintaining a quality of life that promotes the member’s vision for the future and priorities.
- To adjust the dependence on this service as natural supports become available in the member’s home and/or community.
- To encourage and develop the identification and use of natural supports and reduce the need for this paid support.